Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Smelly Halloween!

My family has a tradition of making "Dinner in a Pumpkin" each year for Halloween, so this year Brig and I decided to do it at our house. We invited over a few friends from the ward. Jane loved scooping out the seeds!



My sister Stacy and I decided to be really domestic and try out our sewing skills on Halloween costumes this year. We made skunk costumes for Jane and Barbara Grace. It was so much fun to make the costumes that I think we might try it again next year! Jane LOVED her costume (and the candy). She couldn't believe that she could walk around and people would give her candy.





We decided it would be funny if Brig, Andrew, Stacy, and I dressed up like we were Animal Control to catch the skunks (homemade shirts, nose plugs, and nets included).



On Halloween night we went to the opening night of Mesa High's production of Charlie Brown. They had a trunk or treat and carnival to celebrate. My brother Carl was Charlie Brown and he did a great job! We all loved it, including Jane. She couldn't take her eyes off of her Uncle Carl on stage. We had a great time being in Arizona for Halloween.

32 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

So adorable! I love that you were pet control. Great to talk to you yesterday. Can't wait to see you in Feb. if not sooner.

Czechers said...

WOW Barb! I didn't know you were such a good sewer (I know that says sewer like stinky place, but I mean it like one who sews;) What a cute idea!!! Oh and TAG! You're it! Look at my blog :)

Jan said...

What a fun idea...you guys did such a good job on the costumes! Next time you guys are in town, we'll have to get together!

Stacey Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenae said...

I am so impressed with everything- it makes me sad that we were so lame this year and Brett and I didn't even attempt to dress up. All the lost fun potential.

Ash said...

I love the idea! I'm so impressed with your skills. What a domestic goddess you are! I bought Lincoln's Halloween costume for next year at Old Navy for $5 the day after Halloween. Can't beat that. I can't wait to talk to you again soon and plan a fun vacation!

Janelle said...

I love Jane's cute hair! Great costumes too!
-Janelle

The Reichmans said...

I am very impressed with your sewing skills. I have been checking for another post from you forever and so I was very excited to see one! glad you had so much fun on halloween!

Suzette Baird said...

Ha Ha ohm yes I do remember that crazy night.... What was I doing getting hypnotized at UVSC ha ha I am such a dork! I just remember having the most killer headache that night cause the dang guy kept telling me to, "Sleep" and I would bang my head on my chair.....Anyways your gorgeous and it's fun to see your pics. What does your guys shirts say? I love Stacy that's so funny you guys are sister, such a small world!
Suzette

Ra-call-dee... said...

Jane is so beautiful! What a cute family. I am glad you guys are in our ward! I heard you went back to work, I hope its all going well. Let me know if you ever need help with Jane! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Julia said...

Wow! I forgot you were awesome at sewing. What a great skill! What darling little skunks! I'm glad you got to spend Halloween with your family. I want to hear about your job. I hope your doing well.

Chelsie said...

Barb-

Hello wonderful! I love your pictures from Halloween. Sorry I never called you the Saturday you were in town. We didn't get back until later that evening. It looks like you have a fun Halloween in AZ. Hopefully we will get to see you soon. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Meredith said...

way to go on those costumes. alisa wouldn't even wear one(not that i put any effort into a great costume anyway:) next year, perhaps! do you miss prague?

The Haslam Family said...

Those costumes were so cute. You guys did a great job. Very creative. Looks like you guys had fun. Hope everything is going good.

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

Hi there! I dont know if you remember me. This is Elise (Welker) Tysick. I just found your blog! Your little family is adorable! I gotta say Im very jelous of all of your travels! Good for you guys! my blog is chadandelise.blogspot.com

The Nelsons said...

That is such a fun idea to make dinner in a pumpkin. You will have to teach me how. I love Jane's costume. So cute.

Becca Jackson said...

What cute "little Stinkers!" Barb, I am sure your dad has told you about "sishing for a Stunk!" but if not...ask him about it. Ask him about our pet skunk, Peppie, also. Looks like you had a great time. Keep making those wonderful memories! Love, Aunt Verla

Missy said...

Barb- this is Missy McCleary (Smith). I am that I figured out how to look at other peoples blog and that I found you in the "world of blogs". Your baby is beautiful!

The Leavitt Family said...

lots of fun! great job on the costumes. will you send me your new address? it's that time of the year again!!

The Reichmans said...

Hey barb, could you email me your address or leave it on my blog-that would be wonderful! I am trying to get them collected now so I can send my cards out before Christmas! my email is anne_reichman@mac.com-thanks!

Heidi said...

Barbara, I just found your blog! It is so fun to "see" you again! I miss running into you around BYU. Your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL!

Ashley said...

Hi Brig and Barb! I'm so glad I found your blog. It's so fun to see pics of your cute family. Hope things are going well for you all!

Anonymous said...

Loved your update! Maybe there really is something good about this blog business. What fun you guys are having. You deserve all the good things that happen to/for you!
Love, Aunt Taffy

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Barb, I just found your blog. I hope all is well with you guys. Jane is so pretty. I remember running into at Nordstrom when you were pregnant with her. It's good to find you again. By the way, I have your sizzors from when we were in RS together!

Love,
Mary (Stewart) Porter
bryanandmary.org

Lauren and Jason said...

Your site is so cute! I wanted to say how cool it is that you went to Prague. I loved it of all the places my family and I went to in Europe. It is such a gorgeous city. Well, if you are in AZ at the end of April you need to let me know so you can come to my wedding. email me sometime laurenjpatty@hotmail.com and enjoy Florida.

Katy said...

Hola! I came upon your blog and thought I'd say hello. I'm Katy(Bell)Wassom, one of Brigham's old friends. Your little girl is adorable! She has the most perfect nose I've ever seen. I enjoyed reading though your blog and looking at the pictures from your trip. Wow! I'm so jealous. We would really like to go to Europe some day. Anyway, tell Brigham Hi and God bless you!

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Barb, that's great you'll be coming to the city. Email me at marystewartporter@gmail.com, and let me know what your situation is as far as what amenitites, etc. you're looking for in a place, and I can help you figure it out. We'll be moving in July to D.C. unfortunately, but I can for sure help you until then. Congratulations on another little baby!

Drew and Kat said...

Barbara!

I found your blog from Stace's....The costumes you made are sooooo adorable. Stace told me you guys were doing that and they sure turned out cute!! Hope all is well with you, Jane is so big! =)

I just made a blog for me and my fiance, Drew....

http://dkhimber.blogspot.com

Take care!

Katie Jane said...

Wow, there are a million posts! The people must really love you! Hey Brig, this is Katie Merrill...now Young. If you don't remember me I will only be mildly offended, it's not like we didn't study for AP history for a million hours or anything! Just kidding. So, your cute family is darling. I love your little Jane and cute wifer. It sounds like you are doing wonderful! It is so fun to see all you are up too.

Chelsie said...

Barb I want to see some new pictures!! I love seeing what you are up to in Miami. Hope you are feeling well, and everything is good. I went to Staci's shower the other day and it was fun to see your family!

jklaproth said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! check out my blog! and I'm so calling you this week, we have so much to catch up on!

Emily Taylor said...

Barbara, this is Emily Taylor. My husband Greg and I hung out with you in Prague. I had lost your email address and always felt bad for not getting in touch with you. Apparently blog stalking works. Anyway, we live in Tucson AZ now. Greg is in school and I am a scholarship counselor at the Univerisity. I never did get to fully thank you for taking us in that Sunday. It really made for a great end of our trip. I just started a blog so I'm going to add you. I hope all is going well.