Sunday, April 27, 2008

About Barb

Disclaimer: This is going to be insanely boring, but I feel like writing what I have been up to. In November I started working at Mt Sinai Medical Center as a nurse on a Telemetry Unit. This is where people go that aren't sick enough for the ICU, but still need extra monitoring and attention. It was a great place to get experience. I worked full time until January when I cut back to only two 12 hour shifts instead of 3. Brig was extremely supportive by watching Jane so I could have the experience of working. I love being a nurse. 3 weeks after I started working I found out I was pregnant. Working Full-time, being pregnant, and trying to get through the holidays was enough to make the blog go WAY down on the list. Once things calmed down and I started working part-time, I just kind of got out of the habit of blogging. 

Jane and I enjoyed our days together walking along the boardwalk (so I could exercise) playing at the beach or the park and getting together with our wonderful Miami friends. One thing (besides our friends) that I really miss about Miami is the perfect weather every single day. We never had to worry if we would be able to go outside that day or not. Now that we are in Colorado we are constantly having to rearrange our plans because we will look out the window and all of a sudden it is SNOWING. Hard to get used to. We love it here in Colorado, though. It feels like home. I don't think I will start working again for awhile. 

Whenever people ask what I like to do I always say "Read". I know that is lame. Every time I say that Brig just looks at me like I am crazy because I have hardly picked up a book since we have been married. These last few weeks though I have gotten really into reading and I LOVE it! Right now I am reading Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns. Last week I read #1 and #2 of a series about Amish people called Abram's Daughters by Beverly Lewis. Before that I read The Witch of Portabelo by Paulo Coehlo. All are great. 

2 comments:

Olivia McCord said...

Ooohh, I love hearing about good books to read. I'm ready "Mayflower" by Nathanial Philbrick and it is quite fascinating. "At Home in Mitford" (can't remember the author), is also very good.
I'm glad that you are living closer. Now my brother-in-law Per is applying to a job in...MIAMI!

Meredith said...

how fun to be able to work for a bit! i say 'a bit' because working alot is really no fun at all! then it becomes 'work' instead of fun and interesting. luckily, we have motherhood to keep us on our toes. how long are you going to be in colorado? glad to have you back in the blogging world!